Old 12-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Broadback

Quiche Mash 'n' Mushy wrote:
"Padger" wrote in message
.. .

Someone told me they got rid of old oil stains on their driveway using
fairy
liquid and coca cola.
Am I to believe this and if correct what is the modus operandi?
(As my drive runs through my front garden I think I may be on topic)

Might work but I suspect not too effective. I always use GUNK engine cleaner
on the oil stains, this will lift the oil out of the drive and form a water
soluble biodegradable liquid which can then be hosed away. Halfrauds or any
motor factors will stock it.

Quiche

It may do, but coke is terribly corrosive, drop a penny in some and see.
I think it may well alter the colour of your paving.