Old 13-06-2005, 01:57 AM
Pagan

"rkramanu" wrote in message
One of my sprinkler system valves appears to be busted but I can't locate

it
since the valve box is buried in several inches of mulch somewhere. I

found
one of the valvel boxes but this didn't have the valve for the zone that

has
the problem. I dug around a bit in the obvious place but my lawn is too

big
and it seems like an impossible task. Anyone know a better technique or
specialized equipment that I can rent to find the valve box?

A metal detector should find it. Even if the valves are plastic, the
solenoids have metal components, connected with metal wire.

You might be able to rent, borrow, or buy and return one, but since you seem
to have mechanical gadgets buried around your home, I suggest you buy one
and keep it. Who knows, you might find money, jewels, or Jimmy Hoffa.

Pagan