Old 12-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Anne Lurie

As I recall, someone last year posted photos with a really great umbrella
shade thingy -- all it lacked was a chaise longue for the ponder, IMHO!

Since I have retriever-type dogs, water hyacinth lasts less than an hour
here, but parrotfeather worked well in the past for me (covering a teeny
water garden, admittedly). I could not find parrotfeather readily this
year, so I have milfoil -- BUT I cannot recommend that to anyone near a
real water source. (My teeny garden is filled by hose, and I'm at least 1/4
mile from any natural water source.)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Paul" wrote in message
Hi, I have a 12x7x2 pond approx 1150gal. Water looks good and fish seem
healthy but i have a problem of not getting enough surface coverage from
plants to ward off all the sun. The pond gets a solid 8hrs of full sun. I
have three hardy water lily plants and some hyacinth and water lettuce but
they don't seem to be spreading as good as I thought. And there are some
marginal plants too. Temporarily i have an beach umbrella over a section
to help cover it. Any other suggestions? Thanks.......