Old 12-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Kay

In article , Lynda Thornton
writes

As it is north-facing and fairly wet soil, on the acid side, the only
things we could think of immediately were rhubarb or maybe leeks,
although leeks would create more work of course and we are trying to cut
down on the maintenance chores! The other possibility that occurred was
globe artichoke - is it tough enough to withstand that kind of site?

Doesn't it want more sun?

Jerusalem artichoke would be fine. Potatoes? - mine grow well enough in
shade.
Blackberries?
Gooseberries even better - they seem to thrive in shade.
Wild strawberries - they like shady hedgerows.

--
Kay