Old 13-06-2005, 04:55 AM
Alan

Problem is the way the deck was constructed, I can't pop up any boards and
get to him. Stupid design, but my only option is to either dismantle a huge
section of deck or cut into it.

Alan

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message
Hi,

Hope someone can help.

I have a dead raccoon trapped under my deck. Problem is that it is in a
location I can't reach unless I tear the deck apart. I have no problem
letting it decompose naturally but the stench is bad and I am worried
about
disease.

I can see it through the cracks in the deck and can pour liquid or powder
(maybe) on the carcass.

Any suggestions as to what I can do would be greatly appreciated as I am
trying to avoid tearing
apart the deck.

Thanks.

Alan

Pop a couple of decking boards up, reach down and pull that sucker out.
Get him quick while he still has rigormortis. Once he bloats, you risk
pulling a limb off or popping him open and releasing thousands of maggots.

Good luck.