Old 13-06-2005, 03:56 AM
Dick Adams

Pavel314 wrote:
wrote:

Watched a garden show on TV and they were growing mushrooms in the
kitchen. Said something about a mushroom kits you can order online.
Has anyone ever grown your own mushrooms in the kitchen with a kit?
Any inexpensive web sites that sell these kits?

I've bought several of them over the years and have always gotten good
results. We grow ours in the basement. I generally buy from one of the big
seed catalog companies but you can find lots of hits if you Google on
"mushroom kit". Here's the URL for Park Seed's website; they have a search
window, type in "mushroom".

http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/s...mainPage=page1

I've tried a couple times to use the basic kit to expand to boxes of
composted horse manure in the basement but they never grew there.
Has anyone had experience in growing non-kit mushrooms?

For non-kit mushrooms, see http://www.mycowest.org/cult/i-grow/i-grow-1.htm

Dick