Old 13-06-2005, 04:24 AM
Irra-Koi

"robv60" wrote in message
ups.com...
would adding potash (muriate of sulfate magnesia, 0-0-22, epsom
SALTS)have the same benefits for fish as adding pond salt to the water?
Or is epsom salts a different breed of salt all together? How much to
add to a 1200g and 1750g pond for floating plant health?

They're different and I add both! I use 1 heaping Tbs. Potash per 1000
gallons and 2 of the Epsom Salts. I don't use regular salt in any of my
ponds. I also toss in granular Ironite (over the plants) to help keep them
GREEN.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.