Old 13-06-2005, 12:45 PM
someguy

Default stunted morning glories

Hi,

I started a couple dozen morning glories indoors way before I should
have. They were started in peat pots and got a little out of control so I
had to plant them outside before it was routinely warm.
They never went through a frost but endured a week or two of temps in
the 30's / low 40's. Now they appear healthy and green except that they are
not growing or twining. A couple of them even had flowers this morning, but
the plants are only about 4 inches high and giving no indication that
they're going to grow any more. They had long vines when I put them
outside, but the vines died and the rest of the plant survived.
I was just wondering if you think they might recover and cover my fence
or if they are probably permanantly stunted? Would a little nitrogen help
get them going? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeremy //Zone 5, West Michigan

p.s. They were of several varieties ...grandpa ott, flying saucer, heavenly
blue, pearly gates, and some moonflowers