Old 13-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Gail Futoran

Default indoor tadpole pond

Ways to get into trouble when it's too hot to work
outside for long:
-take a spare 2 gallon Eclipse aquarium and set it
up in the bathroom on the (generous) vanity
-add some treated tap water and fill up with pond
water
-add several anacharis
-add some aquarium decorations (clean)
-scoop up some tadpoles in a bucket
-add tadpoles to "pond"
-Wait to see what happens.

I get a gadzillion tadpoles in my inground pond then
most disappear and I never get to see what they turn
into. So this is the solution. I'm not filtering the
water (did include a bubble wall) but I monitor it,
mostly by smell, and will probably do a careful partial
water change every week or so. The tadpoles seem
happy. I feed them some algae flakes I use for my
tropical fish but they also can be seen working on the
tank sides and the decorations. The light is on during
the day and I turn it off at night.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8