Old 13-06-2005, 11:48 AM
newsb

In article , Duncan
writes
A bad weed in my garden is something I've not identified with flowers
resembling forget-me-not, leaves big and rough (spiky enough to be scratchy
rather than prickly) with pale splotches. The whole plant grows about 3 ft
high if left to do so. Seems perennial, plus seeds all over the place.
Anyone know what it is?

We seem to have been inundated with it this year. Alkanet, I think.

Maybe just about ok (pretty enough flowers, but not sure its worth the
mass of greenery) - as long as you yank the stems off before they seed.
(Chances are they will re-shoot and flower again from the base). Seems
a bit thuggish to me though - and its "roots" are pretty large and not
always easy to dig out. Personally, I'm getting rid.

--
regards andyw