Old 13-06-2005, 07:33 PM
gasdoctor gasdoctor is offline
Registered User

[quote=Sue Begg]In message , Adam
writes
It will grow around 3 inches per week, and if left uncut will grown
to a height of, probably, around 4 or 5 feet tall.

Im not an expert but it does sound like you have a lot of coarse "weed" grasses. I find the non-desirable grasses out grow the fine grasses easily, unless you regularly mow. Usually a mow once a week will keep a utlity grade lawn in check.
I suggest you investigate what type of grasses you have and what the general state is, The lawn expert by DG Hessayon is good starter.

Ed