Old 13-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Stargirl Stargirl is offline
Registered User

Question Holiday watering systems

Hi all

I'm looking for a little advice from you knowledgeable types......

I acquired an allotment 1 week ago. I love it but it's in terrible state.

I have a number of pumpkins, courgettes and cucumber which are absolutely BURSTING to be planted out.

I have managed to clear some space in which I could plant the aforementioned but herein lies the problem..

a) There is no water on the site
b) I don't know anybody on other plots yet
c) It's 2 miles (up hill) to the site
d) I'm due to go away for 10days next week

Sooo - if I was to plant things out, is there any way I can water them from a water butt for the duration of my holiday?

I don't feel it's fair to ask my neighbours to lug the water up there and then water things, and I don't know the other allotmenteers to ask for a favour.

But I think the plants will suffer if they're kept in pots for very much longer.

Anybody got any good ideas? All gratefully received!

Cheers