Old 22-10-2002, 02:08 AM
Big Al

Default Muntjack Deer

Nick Maclaren wrote on Mon 21 Oct 2002 09:03:03a :

As far as I am concerned, the experiment would be well worth while.
However, the aforementioned UK idiots have made it illegal to
introduce predators but not herbivores. Seriously :-( If I thought
that unilateral action might work, I might not be dissuaded, but
it wouldn't.

Actually Nick, AIUI, lynx are probably next on the list after beavers to
get reintroduced. But if you want to get some 'natural' predators for
muntjac, we ought to be introducing tigers and leopards into the Home
Counties.....

[although the reason we have Chinese muntjac and not Indian muntjac is
because some Indian muntjac allegedly killed a duke's dog, so he made
sure they were killed before they escaped....]