Old 13-06-2005, 03:27 PM
mark Bannister

Default 2 weeks since water and plants

Well, it's been about 2 weeks since the new pond got water, plants and a
few fish. The water has turned a little green, but no real algae bloom.
PH has stayed at 7.6 - 7.8. Hardness and alkalinity have been very
stable as well. (I don't recall the numbers off hand but they are right
in the recommended ranges.) Ammonia has never been an issue. We put a
lot of plants already in the veggie filter and they seem happy.

The kids are bugging me to get more fish (goldfish only I think), but I
keep telling them the pond has to stabilize. Are the algae blooms and
wild swings still yet to come?

Mark B.