Old 13-06-2005, 03:22 PM
axemanchris

"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
Ways to get into trouble when it's too hot to work
outside for long:
-take a spare 2 gallon Eclipse aquarium and set it
up in the bathroom on the (generous) vanity
-add some treated tap water and fill up with pond
water
-add several anacharis
-add some aquarium decorations (clean)
-scoop up some tadpoles in a bucket
-add tadpoles to "pond"
-Wait to see what happens.

I get a gadzillion tadpoles in my inground pond then
most disappear and I never get to see what they turn
into. So this is the solution. I'm not filtering the
water (did include a bubble wall) but I monitor it,
mostly by smell, and will probably do a careful partial
water change every week or so. The tadpoles seem
happy. I feed them some algae flakes I use for my
tropical fish but they also can be seen working on the
tank sides and the decorations. The light is on during
the day and I turn it off at night.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

I love keeping a tank of tadpoles indoors. Watching them transform never
ceases to amaze me. Algae wafers are good for them. I've also added some
flake food occasionally. Some of them will swim upside down to get the
flakes from the top of the water.

Jacqui