Old 14-06-2005, 02:37 AM
Suzy O

Just had another thought -- gadzooks, 2 in 1 day. Anyhoot, how 'bout doing
a google search for "dry shade groundcover" and see what comes up?

Suzy O

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
. ..
I have an area at the edge of a woodland where I am having difficulty
getting anything to grow. The area gets dappled sunlight, especially the
late afternoon. The area is mostly covered in wild strawberry and weeds
like persicaria. I have tried oenothera (evening primrose), lamb's ear,
Lysimachia punctata, English ivy,and ferns without much luck. The area
tends to be very dry and there are lots of tree roots.

A neighbor has offered me some variegated aegopodium (bishop's weed). It
looks like it might be a good solution, however all the information says
it
is very aggressive and hard to get rid of if you change your mind. Some
sites recommend using a root barrier. It hasn't been that aggressive in
her
garden, but I can see that you can't plant it in a mixed bed because it
intermingles with everything around it.

Should I try it or am I asking for trouble?