Old 13-06-2005, 10:41 PM
salgud

My suggestion: Google your various plants for culture information. I
think
if you give them a bit more nourishment you may see more results.

Thanks for the advice, Diana, but that's what I tried for over 2 years!
Different foods, light, praying and cursing. Tried all kinds of things
suggested here and elsewhere. But several people suggested I starve
them, and so far, I've gotten 2 of them to spike. As I said earlier,
they are almost all putting out new growth, so I'm not worried about
them dying on me.

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Congrats on getting the Onc to bloom. We all know what it was like "the
first time", LOL.

I do question the wisdom of starving and dehydrating your plants in hopes of
getting them to bloom, though. There *are* orchids that want a winter dry
rest in order to flower, but most orchids need regular food and water to
thrive. We don't want to over water or over fertilize, but it can be harmful
to go completely in the opposite direction.

HTH

Diana