Old 14-06-2005, 03:37 AM
Timothy

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:51:08 -0400, D.D. Palmer wrote:

My tomato plants look terrific this year, but many flowers are falling off
and not setting. Never had this problem before. Help!

Good day D.D. As I read above, I'm asuming that your plants are otherwise
healthy. There are two possibilities that I can think of, one being over
fertilization. If you used a high nitrogen fertilizer this can retard
flower and / or fruit set.

The other possibility could be some sort of insect. Earwigs come to mind
for me. I've seen them do great damage to apple trees. They tend to cut
the blooms off.

If you over fertilized, then you can leech it outof the soil with a few
good waterings. For earwigs, look for any insect activity during the early
morning and late evening.
Then always the third possibility... I wrong on the first two 80(

Good luck

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://ywgc.com/resources.html