Old 22-10-2002, 12:03 PM
Charlieb

Default Dead leaves and gravel, a bad mix?

Good mornin NG

I have moved to a house which has a gravelled area to which I didn't give
much thought. My wife was very keen to get one of those petrol blowers to
blow off the leaves etc but I thought to myself that it was a fairly
extravagant way to keep the place tidy and that people alwys managed
perfectly well without them before.

Now autumn is upon us and not only are the leaves falling in more abundance
but the rain is setting in! I can almost hear those words "I told you
so...." ringing in my ears - no she's not that bad

Anyway my question to all of you who have walked this path before is - Dead
leaves and gravel, a bad mix? I can imagine as they slowly decompose in the
gravel the mess it could make, and I will be wishing I got that blower. On
the other hand will they decompose and miraculously be consumed by the land
leaving a nice gravel patch once again in the Spring/summer.

I've a feeling I know what you're all going to say.

Thanks to all in advance

Charlie