Old 14-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Cereus-validus.....

Milkweeds (Asclepias) have their leaves in pairs or sometimes whorled, not
alternate, Dickhead.

Throw it out, maybe. Poke Weed is edible.

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
Travis wrote:
DigitalVinyl wrote:
DigitalVinyl wrote:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...af.jpg&.src=ph

Found this foot tall...weed? Seems to have magically appeared in
about 2 days. I just pulled bolted spinach from the bed on
Saturday and Monday evening and never noticed this foot-tall,
foot-wide plant was there.

Could this be an avocado plant?!
Certainly has a tropical look to the leaves.

I think I may have tossed a avocado pit or two into compost sometime
and mixed it into the soil last fall.

Unless it is a volunteer of somethign I can't recognize.
Don't think it is an Avocado. An Avocado would not grow
that much in 2 days.

Looks like a milkweed to me. Also looks like something I'd dig out
and throw in a garbage bag.

Dick