Old 14-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Reel Mckoi

wrote in message
oups.com...

No, that picture is just deceptive, it was taken early this morning and
it's all shaded from the house. The posts behind it are actually
arbors, which provide very little shade to the pond. Right now in
summer the water will get unobstructed direct sunlight from about 10am
to 7 pm.

$$ Oh, I see. :-)

As for the shelf, that's kind of what I was thinking. I am thinking
perhaps what we will need to do is stack some bricks to put the plants
right in front of the shelf. The shelf itself is 5" or so deep, but
that's not really deep enough if we are going to put the plants in
pots... Hence my wondering if we could just put them in gravel or what
alternatives there may be. I could lower the shelf but it would be a
lot of work

$$ Yes, I had plants living right in fine gravel in my 800 gallon pond at
one time. They grew like crazy!
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.