Old 14-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from gray contains these words:

Any ideas on the best way to prune a Monkey Puzzle tree.

If you can't dig it up, prune it flush with the ground, or leave a few
feet od trunk to support a bird table.

Its overall height is about 20 ft with long straggly branches.

Have you got an open fireplace in the house?

Do I just top it and then just shorten its branches ??

Oh, you really mean prune it? No, you don't prune it at all, unless a
branch is threatening to attack you in the dark, grow
across/into/through a window, etc.

If you're considering topping it (in the literal sense, not the way I'd
do it) it's in the wrong place to start with.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/