Old 14-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Rod

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:38:33 GMT, gray wrote:

Any ideas on the best way to prune a Monkey Puzzle tree.

Its overall height is about 20 ft with long straggly branches.

Do I just top it and then just shorten its branches ??

I think you've probably already got the message from others ;~)
Any kind of pruning apart from complete removal of dead wood will
severely disfigure and mutilate it. If you're even thinking about
pruning - you planted it in the wrong place. It will be a big tree
eventually and quite handsome in a way, though difficult to place so
it looks right in a Northern Hemisphere garden.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.