Old 14-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Doug Kanter

"ADD" wrote in message
Is this a good tool for digging up roots from saplings, which I have
an entire backyard full of? Using a spade is too
difficult.Unfortunately a grub hoe isn't listed at the Home Depot and
Lowes websites, so I assume I will have to find a farming equpiment
wholesaler or such.

If you need to get some work done while you're hunting for the tool, try
sharpening your spade. You'll be amazed. Also, if the roots you're hacking
away are in nice soil without a lot of rocks, you might be surprised to find
that a pruning saw will work underground. Try it. But, if you own a really
nice saw, you might want to buy a cheap one, in case you do hit a rock and
bend the blade.