Old 14-06-2005, 11:55 PM
Elaine T

jet wrote:
I'd have included a cable heater in the substrate. When I do my upgrade
to a 90 (I've a 38) I'll find a way to hide all the junk (Hose, heater,
CO2 reaction chamber, pH probe, etc.) either behind a false back wall
or under the cabinet.

I'm with you on cable heaters. I wish they made them for small tanks,
although my plants are doing reasonably well without.

My dream setup includes some sort of an overflow with a sponge prefilter
for surface skimming of leaves, debris, and surface scum. I think I'd
drill the back of the tank and use a small overflow box leading to the
Eheim intake.

Flourite is expensive. I'd transfer the old and add whatever fresh is
necessary.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__