Old 14-06-2005, 09:16 PM
John Bachman

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:54:23 -0400, "Toni" wrote:

[whining mode] New neighbors next door- to the west.
Their first week in they've cut down a *beautiful* 30 year old Black Olive
tree that shaded my entire front garden- full of shade plants. Anthuriums,
calatheas, ferns, teeny little gems that I had cherished for years in
containers before putting them in the ground.
That garden is only one year old- and now I am having to reorganize the
whole darn thing. Plants are wilting faster than I can transplant them.

And I thought our town had an ordinance against this sort of thing without a
permit- guess that explains the city trucks I've seen stopping to take
photos of the stump three times now.
Would I be evil to hope they get fined?

Your town has an ordinance that requires a homeowner to get a permit
to cut down a tree on his own property? Yikes!

Sure glad I live in the "Live Free or Die" state. We just tax the
trees that you cut down. No income or sales taxes but we have lots of
little ones.

John