Old 15-06-2005, 12:55 AM
DigitalVinyl

"Vox Humana" wrote:

"DigitalVinyl" wrote in message
.. .

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...af.jpg&.src=ph

Found this foot tall...weed? Seems to have magically appeared in about
2 days. I just pulled bolted spinach from the bed on Saturday and
Monday evening and never noticed this foot-tall, foot-wide plant was
there.

Unless it is a volunteer of somethign I can't recognize.

I don't think it is poke weed. Poke weed is a nuisance for me, but I don't
find it too hard to control. I just keep cutting or stepping it down.
Eventually it dies.

The plant in the picture look very similar to brugmansia. Maybe it is a
datura. I would let it go and see what happens.
http://www.americanbrugmansia-daturasociety.org/

I did grow a datura (flower points downward--they get confused with
brughmansia a lot). Although this lacks the furry/slky feel of the
leaves. Also my datura had a hairy stem.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
3rd year gardener
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...=/2055&.src=ph