Old 14-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Gail Futoran

"~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote in message
I'm with you Gail, only better, I was able to haul my terrarium into a 1st
grade class room with a few tree frog eggs. The terrarium water part only
holds about a gallon of water. I used a small undergravel filter from a
large brandy glass shaped fish bowl. I can't say I was the best keeper as
far as water changes (with my pond water) and feeding went, but after 9
weeks and on the 2nd to the last day of school we had a tree froglet stuck
to the glass of the aquarium. It was so small that from the outside we
thought it was a snail. Course I looked closer as I was wondering why it
had crawl so far up the glass out of the water. This all came home with
me,
when school got out, but not wanting to deal with any more "inside" pets
they got to go in the kiddy pool with the lotus, while I sang "Born Free".
kidding ;-)

If you need another "indoor" pond project let me know and I'll repost my
Ponsai directions. Or make a fairy garden complete with mini pond:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/koipond/photos/pond22.jpg :-) By this time
you should be thinking, "I'm not the only bored ponder hindered by
weather." ;-) ~ jan

Thanks for the links. I suspect if I put one more
artificial body of water in the house (there are also
six tropical fish tanks) DH will freak.

I enjoyed your story and wish I knew some kids
to share this with. DH makes the right noises but
he's not really into wildlife like I am.

Gail