Old 14-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Wilmdale

kathy wrote:

Very cute little pondlet in what looks like a neat
garden structure.

Thanks, it cost about 3x as much as expected and involved a lot of
sweat, but I'm happy with it

The complete structure looks like this:

VERY Nice! Good job! :-)

http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~ccunning/garden2.jpg

We're going to plant wheatgrass in the boxes for a nice green backdrop,
and in a few years the grapevines will be grown up the arbors as well.

One thing about water plants, is given enough
sun, they will GROW. I think this year you'll find
out what works and what doesn't work in your
pond and then adjust accordingly.

Yes, I expect so. I think we started off pretty conservatively, we have
a proper number of underwater anacharis to keep things clean. I think
the floating plants we got, we may have to ditch some. Can't remember
what they are exactly, but they said that if we bunch them together
with some twine they will sprout up and bloom rather than spread out.

The water lilly on the way grows to 12-18" in diameter, so it should be
a good size and give nice shade.

If I had it to do all over, I'd put a shelf all along the outside for
more plants or rocks. Because of the odd shape, you can see a lot of
bunching along the edges which makes me crazy

Don't add any more fish and buy a test kit to
watch the water parameters.

Nope, no more fish, just the 3. We expect as they grow we might lose
one, we'll see. I'm not sure how a goldfish can live in a tiny bowl but
3 in our relatively big container might be a bit crowded, but I guess
the goldfish in tiny bowl rarely lives very long, so that's probably
the answer there

It will be fun to watch it thru the summer.

I'm very excited to watch it Even better, the sound of the water
helps to mask the sound of traffic in the grocery store right behind
us.