Old 15-06-2005, 04:12 AM
RWL

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 01:26:28 GMT, "Suzy O" wrote:

I suspect that anything still at a discount store for more than a week will
probably start showing signs of neglect. I think that the more expensive
the plant you're looking for, the more you need to purchase from a local
nursery/grower.

The nurseries around here don't seem to carry fruit trees. I've had
three Cherry trees from Miller Nurseries never quite turn the corner
and die in a few years. This year I was delighted to find cherry
trees at Wal Mart since they weren't bare root. I bought the tree
shortly after its arrival and it appeared to be in good shape when I
planted it. I watered it with 5 gallons about once a week. In early
spring here there was adequate rainfall, and when we had a week with
perhaps an inch of rain, I didn't water that week. The tree got as
much water as other trees I've planted which survived. I'm not sure
what was wrong with this tree.

RWL

******* Recreate gaps in email address to reply *******