Old 15-06-2005, 04:45 AM
Snooze

"Hywel" wrote in message
Hello Snooze,
I'm happy to respond to you. My offer is quite genuine - I had (naively
perhaps) thought that the best place to get honest feedback on the quality
of a gardening book was from genuine gardeners who might appreciate it.
I've often been a little dubious of titles with testimonials from industry
peers as everybody knows that they normally only give these in return for
either a copy of the book free or the favour returned to them.
You have correctly named one of our sites and yes, we offer information on
business opportunities and a great many other subjects as well. If the
book is of no interest to you however, I would at least like to thank you
for taking the time to check us out.

Hywel

It's a good thing it's not my first day on the job. Otherwise I might have
mistaken your attempt to shovel fertilizer for an honest reply. Having
written professional papers, and having reviewed books for technical
accuracy I know that's not the case.

Anyone who has established themselves in an industry or field and has
developed the depth of knowledge necessary to write a book has developed a
network of professional contacts. There are plenty of nursery men,
botanists, master gardeners, and biologists who would gladly review your
book for only a copy of the book, if you had established a professional
relationship or friendship with them over the years, or while doing research
for your book.

Since you have published an e-book, you own the publishing company, the cost
of giving away an e-book is zero. There is no raw material or labor cost
involved. Given that you're willing to give away copies to completely random
people on the net, any excuse about not wanting to bribe for a review with a
free copy of the book is a lie. The best review you can get from some random
person on the net is "nice book." There would be no checking for technical
accuracy or content.

Given that you are asking random people on the net to review your book, we
can only come to two conclusions.
1: Your offer to send is really just a scam and an attempt to collect email
addresses
2: You have not established a professional network of people who would be
willing or able to review your book for technical accuracy.

Any book that has not had the benefit of a peer review for technical
accuracy is not worth reading. If a "book" exists, it was most likely
written by plagiarizing or paraphrasing other books or searching sites on
Google.

You are welcome to attempt to prove me wrong by sending a copy of the
manuscript to email address I am posting this from. Should a book exist, of
even minimal literary value I will publicly apologize for calling you a scam
artist. On the other hand should you feel the need to make the excuse that
you have already sent out your 10 free copies, please understand we will
consider that an admission that your book does not exist and you were really
attempting to scam the readers of this newsgroup and collect email addresses
for further spam.

-S