Old 15-06-2005, 05:44 AM
Doug Kanter

"Bourne Identity" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:56:57 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

opined:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
.. .
On 6/14/05 7:32 AM, in article
, "Jennifer"
wrote:

Alex wrote:
How are they made, and what are they made of?

I'm looking into making them myself, but find it hard
to find some how-to materials online.

Looks like it's basically just compost and miscellaneous other plant
materials.

http://www.vegfamily.com/amy-olga/tip4.htm

http://www.pfaf.org/leaflets/vegorg.php

--
Jennifer

And here I was wondering if he was composting vegans!

Vegan-Organic Principles? Give me a f..king break. No animal products -
do
they think horses and cows suffer if we use their manure??? :-)

No, but vegans don't use any animals products in anything, including
leather or
any other form of animal byproduct. What's the big deal and why so
hostile?

Bad day in the office. Sorry.

I'm slowly going vegan, myself. Currently vegetarian lacto-ovo.

I'm not sure about the belief system behind this. Disclaimer: The long-term
vegetarians I'm acquainted with cut their teeth on recipes from the original
Moosewood cookbook. All these people are now obese, due (I suppose) in no
small part to the enormous presence of cheese in those recipes. Take away
the cheese, and how much effort does it take to find the necessary proteins?
Is it still the grain & legume combo that does the trick?