Old 15-06-2005, 05:46 AM
Susan Erickson

On 14 Jun 2005 07:09:08 -0700, "salgud"
wrote:

Sue,
Went to an Orchid society meeting a few years ago when I first got
interested in them. Even helped set up the orchid show. I enjoyed it.
Unfortunately, time is precious when you work full time and are
starting up a new business.
If I remeber right, the meetings are on Thursdays. If that's correct,
I'd like to get to some more. This Thursay won't work because I teach
classes up in Ft. Collins on Thursday evenings, but that ends, for a
while, after this Thursday.
Besides, I don't feel great guilt about inducing them to bloom this
way. I'm happy that I, a notorious serial killer of much hardier plants
than orchids, have kept so many alive so long and had the patience to
get them to start blooming! I even brought one back from near death
after a bookcase fell on it and crushed it when I was moving 2 years
ago!
Besides, you cheat! You've got a greenhouse.
Seriously, am always willing to learn. One thing I need to find out is
when each of them is "supposed" to bloom. Then I could try other
things, like changing their diet and voodoo curses to encourage them at
the right time of year.
Thanks for your reply. When I can get to another Orchid Society
meeting, I will.

I don't know when Fort Collins has their meetings. I know there
is a contact posted via the AOS website.

Good luck. The next show I know about in CO is at the DBG on the
weekend of October 8-9th.
SuE