Old 15-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Growing branches

In a message dated 6/15/2005 1:26:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Is there a way to grow a branch where you need one?

As in all things Bonsai the answer is maybe and it depends. Forcing
branches is easier on some species than on others. And there are techniques for
adding branches by different grafting methods depending upon the situation.
All this also depends upon your skills as a grower.
If you can be specific as to species maybe we can suggest some sources
of information.
I don't think I would try to explain any of the techniques on line,
preferring to suggest books that would guide you or better yet, of course, would
be local experts.
It would also help to know in general where you live. (See my sig line
for example.)

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --