Old 22-10-2002, 05:13 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Which garden vac to buy for a 73 year old?

"Rory" wrote in message
Please help. I need to know how good garden vacs/blowers/shredders are

for
dealing with loads of leaves. The leaves tend to get pretty wet and soggy
before you can get them up. Do these electric garden vacs cope with
moisture and quatities of leaves. How easy is it to empty the sacs and

how
heavy are things for a 73 year old woman?
Fiona

If you get one, get one with a shredder. MIne doesn't have one and is a
complete waste of time, it fills up in seconds and takes longer to undo and
get out the soggy leaves than just picking them up. Much better off with a
pair of those huge 'hands' you can get for picking up leaves for a few quid,
or just a rake. Over a large area of gravel I can see it might be better but
I dont have that problem.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)