Old 15-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "IanG" contains these words:

The house I have moved into has an old damson tree in the garden. I would
like to replace it with something smaller and more in keeing with the
garden. I have found that you get a lot of shooting coming up from the
roots, if I cut it down will these shoots over run my garden? Will I have
to dig all the roots up? Old tree not fesable? Any advice would be great.

A damson tree is something to die for.

However, if you *MUST* get rid of it, wait till autumn, dig it out with
a VAST earthball still attached to the roots and bring it round here for
me to dispose of. I'll dig a hole to bury it in...

Mmmmm. Damson jam!

Mmmmmmm! Damson wine!

Mmmmmmmmm! Freshly-picked sun-warmed damsons!

Mmmmmmmmmmm! Damson crumble!

The thought of that tree being destroyed has quite ruined my day.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/