Old 22-10-2002, 02:43 PM
cormaic

Default Hydrangea - No Flowers

'Twas Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:57:14 +0100, when Victoria Clare
enriched all our lives with these worthy
thoughts:

Yes, I hate 'em. Though I must admit to having a great pink-headed mophead
in the front garden: I've cut it down to ground level every year since we
moved in and the damn thing still flowers: I can't stop it. Will probably
have to bite the bullet and actually dig it up at some point but was hoping
not to have to as the soil is pretty much stones with dirt in round there.

I had a couple of the lads who worked for me dig out the
hydrangea m in the front bed between me and Bert-next-door. In the
process, they snapped a spade and resorted to using a 2m crowbar to
lever the bugger out. The roots system is a fibrous mat of roots that
literally hugs the soil.
If I had to do it again, I'd bring in the JCB!

--
cormaic URG faqs/webring - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/
Culcheth Garden - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/garden/

cormaic CAN BE FOUND AT borlochshall.co.uk