Old 22-10-2002, 05:45 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Hydrangea - No Flowers

cormaic wrote in
:

'Twas Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:57:14 +0100, when Victoria Clare
enriched all our lives with these worthy
thoughts:

Yes, I hate 'em. Though I must admit to having a great pink-headed
mophead in the front garden: I've cut it down to ground level every
year since we moved in and the damn thing still flowers: I can't stop
it. Will probably have to bite the bullet and actually dig it up at
some point but was hoping not to have to as the soil is pretty much
stones with dirt in round there.

The roots system is a fibrous mat of roots that
literally hugs the soil.
If I had to do it again, I'd bring in the JCB!

Oh *no*!

Damn, I'll just have to learn to live with the thing. At least the green
stems compost well.

Victoria