Old 15-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Warren

Vox Humana wrote:
Here are two more reasons for some control over removal of trees.

One of my neighbors is completely nature-phobic. Anything that moves or
isn't produced in a factory is a threat. She had her entire SLOPING back
yard clear cut and then didn't plant anything for 8 years. Periodically
she
would have the boyfriend/husband spray the slope with Round-up. Sure, it
was her yard and I guess I didn't HAVE to look at it. The real problem
came
with the erosion caused by removing all the trees without a plan to
remediate the erosion. Eventually a very large tree (too large for them
remove themselves) was undercut and fell, crashing into and breaking off
two
of my trees. Both trees were on the edge of a drainage ditch. Between
the
erosion from their property and the loss of the trees in my yard, the
ditch
evolved from a shallow canal to an 9 foot deep crevasse. Now other trees
are being undercut and are about to fall, causing a downward spiral of
events that threaten our property and theirs.

Better watch out. The people who don't want to defend their position that
*they* should be allowed to cut down *their* trees whenever they want will
accuse you of taking it to the extreme with this real life story that's
repeated all too often in areas where people are allowed to do whatever they
want to trees on land they own.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
What's on TV? See the new fall network schedules online:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/tele.../fall2005.html