Old 15-06-2005, 08:21 PM
Wolf Kirchmeir

John Bachman wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:33:41 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

[...]

Yup, ignorant people do dumb things. "Momma always said, 'stupid is
as stupid does'" - Forrest Gump I am not willing to pay taxes to keep
the ignorant from doing what they do, I just cannot afford that much.

What you really can't afford is the effects of stupidity on you.

Why should this matter to you? A big shade tree is worth however many tons
of air conditioning. The number doesn't matter, but it's large. Got any idea
how much heat is radiated by an unshaded blacktop driveway? Which magical,
easily replaceable and 100% clean source to you get electricity from?

Of course I care. But that does not necessarily translate into more
laws, more bureacrats and more taxes.

JMHO

John

Yeah, yeah, taxes is bad, but if some private outfit charges you "fees"
for the same service, it's good.

I've _never_ understood that logic. The only thing I care about is how
much I get for my money. Private bureaucracies (a.k.a "corporations")
are at least as inefficient as public ones, and there's the added
disdavantage that we don't get a chance to throw the rascals out every
four years. And private bureaucracies want me to pay extra ("profits")
just so some bozos can get some unearned income ("dividends") - now
that's a real good use of my cash!