Old 15-06-2005, 08:27 PM
Wolf Kirchmeir

Vox Humana wrote:
[...]

Here are two more reasons for some control over removal of trees.

One of my neighbors is completely nature-phobic. Anything that moves or
isn't produced in a factory is a threat. She had her entire SLOPING back
yard clear cut and then didn't plant anything for 8 years. Periodically she
would have the boyfriend/husband spray the slope with Round-up. Sure, it
was her yard and I guess I didn't HAVE to look at it. The real problem came
with the erosion caused by removing all the trees without a plan to
remediate the erosion. Eventually a very large tree (too large for them to
remove themselves) was undercut and fell, crashing into and breaking off two
of my trees. Both trees were on the edge of a drainage ditch. Between the
erosion from their property and the loss of the trees in my yard, the ditch
evolved from a shallow canal to an 9 foot deep crevasse. Now other trees
are being undercut and are about to fall, causing a downward spiral of
events that threaten our property and theirs.

[...]

I think you and/or the municpality have grounds for a lawsuit there -
the grounds that have been washed away by the rain...

I doubt their insurance will cover the damage they've caused; so go
after them. Bozos like that should not be allowed to thrive.