Old 15-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Doug Kanter

"lgb" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
So freedom is the right to adversely affect the lives of others just
because
you happen to be standing on property you own?

BS! Almost everything we do has a beneficial affect on some and an
adverse affect on others. We have zoning laws to keep a business from
going up in a residential neighborhood. We have noise and junk
abatement laws. And that's about as much interference with property
rights as there should be. If I want to chop down all my trees and
plant pink flamingos, that's my business.

Would it bother you if your neighbor across the street parked an old car on
his lawn, left it there to rust for 5 years, and for whatever reason, there
was absolutely no way you could block the view using plants, fence, etc?