Old 15-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Epiforums

Shell,

I noticed you did mention "indoor climate". When I first started years
ago, all my epis were indoors. I didn't have the luxury of a yard. I
have been successful with getting them to bloom, but it's a whole
different ballgame growing them outside. The growth of the stems is
much quicker, which will result to having more blooms.

I'm not going to answer how to root cuttings, since most have already
done that here.

But for me, dormant period is important. Aside from just temperature,
it also means, very very little watering, and changes in seasonal
photoperiods. If the room has a light turned on at night.. not a good
thing.

BTW, started a small site for epiphyllum fans last week. You can find
plenty of info there in the FAQ section

plug: http://www.epiforums.com

Happy epi-ing,
Eddie