Old 15-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Ann

"Doug Kanter" expounded:

Would it bother you if your neighbor across the street parked an old car on
his lawn, left it there to rust for 5 years, and for whatever reason, there
was absolutely no way you could block the view using plants, fence, etc?

When I bought my house the next door neighbors basically had a
junkyard in their backyard. Dead washers, dryers, three rusting tin
sheds, a couple junk trucks, all kinds of tires, etc. Oh well. I
loved my house. They've moved on, new people live there now, they've
cleaned it up, life goes on. It's amazing what you can live with when
it really doesn't affect your basic life functions, like eating,
drinking, etc. Of course I'd rather not look at junk, but I'm not
paying their taxes or their mortgage. It's basically none of my
business.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts