Old 16-06-2005, 01:05 AM
Ann

"Vox Humana" expounded:

How would you have felt if you needed to sell your house while the neighbors
had a virtual junkyard? I don't mean WANT to sell, but NEED to sell. What
if, due to the trashy neighbors, you found that there were few people
interested in looking let alone making an offer?

Well, obviously there are people out there who don't care - like me -
who will buy a house because they like the house. I'd appreciate
those kind of neighbors, that shows they'll keep their noses in their
own business and not mind mine. I don't see it as a huge hinderance.

The offers you do get are
low-balls. That is a situation where it does become your business because
the junk reduces your property value or makes your house impossible to sell.

You are completely ignoring what I initially said - I did buy a house
with a messy yard next door. The people who were selling this house
NEEDED to sell it, and I bought it. And there were other offers on
the very same house. So, I guess that shoots a few holes into your
argument.

If you're so worried about other people's homes, then you belong in a
nice managed neighborhood. Please stay there, and don't move next
door to me, trying to tell me how to live my life. I promise I won't
move next door to you and try to run yours.

--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts