Old 16-06-2005, 01:27 AM
John Bachman

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:24:41 -0400, Wolf Kirchmeir
wrote:

John Bachman wrote:
[...] I am about to contract to have a tree removed for the
first time in my life. It is a 100 foot white pine surrounded by

Ouch!

Who gets the wood? If done right, there will be sawlogs available form
that tree.

Oh, yeah. There will be many board that end up framing someone's
house. That is part of the deal with cutter downer who happens to be
a neighbor in that business. He gets to sell the logs to the sawmill.

All because I want to give the renegade sycamore that sprouted nearby
some room to do it's thing.

John

Now that's balancing one tree's need against another tree's desire... :-)

Yes again. I figure that some bird pooped out the sycamore seed and
that baby is already 15 feet tall after only 5 or 6 years. I won't
miss the pine pollen every June either.

John