Old 16-06-2005, 08:00 AM
Robbin

Getting rid of them is very easy -- move back to England!

Yes, they are here every year and you might as well just get used to them
because you are not getting rid of them. They are a part of the Texas
summer!

http://agnews.tamu.edu/dailynews/sto...O/Apr2704a.htm

"Lynda LeCompte" wrote in message
news
Hello people... I live in a little village about 15 miles south of

downtown Houston, TX.
It's very green and quiet... apart from the racket these pesky things are
making! I believe it is a cicada, but I would like confirmation of that
please. Also, I would love to know how to get rid of them....This is my

second
year in Houston (from England) and we had them last year. My husband says
they are here every year....