Old 16-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Rusty Mase

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 02:00:19 -0500, "Robbin" wrote:

Getting rid of them is very easy -- move back to England!

Lynda, you will note that those of us who have grown up or adapted to
conditions in Texas are not tolerant of even the least hint of
criticism of our situation. And that even includes noises made by our
resident insects. So you have to get used to these noises and even,
at some point, decide these are actually beneficial. In many ways
they simply indicate that things are as they are supposed to be.

You will have reached that level of adaptation when on some cold
winter night you contemplate the lack of those noises, and find
yourself only with the more intrusive sounds of our machinery.

Rusty Mase
Austin, Texas