Old 16-06-2005, 12:54 PM
~Roy~

Metal does not ROT.........Wood rots, cloth rots, metal does not
rot......If a metal tank is used it will last a lot longer if the tank
is not in direct contact with the ground.....Odds are you will never
find a tank that rusted through from the inside out, if its been
filled with water continuously.....Rust starts from scratches etc on
the outside and works its way in.........Keeping a glavanized tank out
of direct contact with the ground would be hard to do unless its
coated with a bitumastic coating, then if it able to be inset into thr
ground and backfilled without scratching the coating it should last a
long long time.......I have stock tanks well over 20+ years of age
which have had gold fish in them even when used for watering stock
years ago, and are still rust free........but they have never been
placed directly on the ground, and they have always beek kept filled
with water or stored in the barn empty.

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:06:15 -0500, "xxxxxxxxxxxi"
wrote:

===I had friends who had a setup like that for their goats (galvanize watering
===tank) but the bottom rotted out and it started to leak. They had to remove
===the goldfish and replace the tank after a few years. You may want to put a
===pond liner in the tank to increase it's lifespan.

"The original frugal ponder"