Old 16-06-2005, 05:46 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
"Lynda LeCompte" wrote:

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 02:00:19 -0500, Robbin wrote:

Getting rid of them is very easy -- move back to England!

No thank you - 'fraid Texas is stuck with me ;-)

Yes, they are here every year and you might as well just get used to them
because you are not getting rid of them. They are a part of the Texas
summer!

http://agnews.tamu.edu/dailynews/sto...O/Apr2704a.htm

Thank you - that was an interesting article that verified exactly what my
husband said - that it *is* an annual thing for Texas. They're a
fascinating species really - just so dang loud!

You will learn to tune them out eventually...
Odd, I never did find them to be irritating but I can understand!

Eventually, the LACK of noise they make will make you more nervous as
it's TOO quiet once you get used to them! lol

They live in my oak trees out back. I've lived in Texas now for about 23
or 24 years now and I really don't notice them much anymore. Their
sheddings are all over the place.
--
Om.